Since the start of the pandemic, Israel has been divided into three main groups: General population, ultra-Orthodox community and the Arab community.
This time we were commissioned to flatten the curve in the ultra-Orthodox population – nationally.
Here are some characteristics
- The Ultra-Orthodox community, which counts for only 12% (1.5M) of the entire population, suffers the highest number of positive cases relatively to its size.
- 58% are below the age of 19
- Heavy users of public transportation
- Densely packed, with sprawling families, in shoe-box apartments
- Customs that have protected its venerable traditions from change – strict limits on modern technology, aversion of secular media, suspicion of state institutions.
Here’s the problem
Three main hubs for transmissions: Households, Education Institutions, Religious institution.
Efforts towards disruption of spreading circles and maintaining low infection rates:
- Monitoring the atmosphere within the sector
- Coordinating with opinion leaders and influencers to remove barriers
- Mediating and supporting Ultra-Orthodox leadership
- Focusing on the Ultra-Orthodox unique characteristics and coordinating operative efforts supporting those
- Demanding resources and supporting elements which will address the needs as a part of the whole resources picture
- Delineating policy recommendations as part of the integrative effort
- Diffusing data and cross sectoral studies within the community
- Collecting preceding information concerning activities with high risk of spreading COVID-19
Empowering local Authorities
- Putting the local authority in the center, according to SYN-RG-Ai holistic approach for crisis management, to ensure a successful operation
- Establishing command and control in which municipality will interact with all the relevant Government offices
- Permanent team to manage to Command & Control center
- Supporting information campaigns
- Local authorities funding of epidemiological researchers
- Standardizing model of epidemiological research & investigations
- Food & supply vouchers for patients and families in isolation
- Harnessing Emergency Call Center (911)